FORTH TO VICTORY

autobiographical ramblings of an impressionable youth

10 September 2008

A slight miscalculation

The more astute among you may have noticed a slight amendation to my persona. Yes, I made a mistake. Once. Ever. Just now. I don't intend to make a habit of it.

Moving swiftly on from that, you know what really annoys me? When something utterly retarded that nobody else has to deal with happens to you TWICE. Like, the Chinese police don't go to kick other people out of their sleeping areas at ridiculous hours of the night, but it happened to me in Kashgar and again in Kaifeng. I met a random Australian who called Uighurs wiggers and then somebody did it on debriefing (although to be fair they didn't press the point like the first arsehole did.) And yesterday I discovered a second person who believes that the best way to learn about a culture is to have sex with somebody from it. Yeah, way to get my grudge against you upheld for another five years- although that was what you were angling for, wasn't it. Moron.

I have a lot more perspective than this time last year, honest I do.

0 comments: