FORTH TO VICTORY

autobiographical ramblings of an impressionable youth

22 September 2008

Madame Malcontent

I am malcontent, morose and miserable. I have also fallen so far into my pit of meaninglessness that I am no longer able to articulate the reason for being malcontent, morose and miserable other than making strange groaning noises. I can talk about anything under the sun, as long as I have no emotional attachment to it, but when it comes to anything I really mean I am unable to say anything. This is probably a terrible thing, and perhaps something that I will have to Get Over in the future. On the other hand, I am officially a blogger who cannot whinge endlessly about pointless parts of my own life. This is undoubtedly positive. I will quite happily trade my emotional wellbeing for a more readable blog- I am a child of the internets, after all.

I have 15 versions of Joni Mitchell singing Big Yellow Taxi. 15 DIFFERENT versions, including the 7 minute 53 second "NYC Cab to Club" mix. I am not sure how I feel about this fact. Other things I now own include a kettle, a wooden spoon, a wok and a 12 piece Tesco dinner set.

0 comments: