FORTH TO VICTORY

autobiographical ramblings of an impressionable youth

01 October 2008

There will be no shark jumping on my watch...

Eh. So, I just watched the first episode of Heroes on the BBC (I would do a double dose but my bro wants to watch Fonejacker at 10 so no episode 2 for me until I torrent it). I watched it with the aforementioned sibling, who has never seen an episode of Heroes before in his life, and... well, it was a struggle. Each character got about 2 minutes of screen time to do something that they were probably building up to in the second season but that I'd forgotten all about by the time we got there. I sat there trying to give information about the characters to my brother and quite frankly, it has all got a bit too insaaaanely complicated. There are a bazillion quests and a bazillion hang-ups and mysteries left right and centre and quite frankly it just made no sense whatsoever. I am unhappy.

I'm hoping that this is fallout from the writers' strike and the fact that, if some Hollywood bums hadn't wanted more money, this would have been the second half of Season 2 and therefore things would have been built up in the first half of that and it wouldn't just be like "hmm, we need to kickstart all these storylines now. OVERLOAD!" Maybe episode 2 will be better. It BETTER be better, quite frankly, because despite the high quantity of attractive males I can and will stop watching if this continues. Besides, where did Claire's tall hot flying sort-of boyfriend go? I swear, her male teen friends have the longevity of a mayfly. First her so-not-gay best friend's actor gets cold feet about being gay, and now... no fitty.

Therefore. Meh meh meh.

0 comments: