FORTH TO VICTORY

autobiographical ramblings of an impressionable youth

17 June 2010

Rebooting in preparation for country exit

So I'm leaving in, like, 10 days. I should probably write about it when I'm there, it will be good for me. And that means I should probably give this place a bit of a facelift beforehand.

Sooo. Yes. As years go, I've had better. Much better. I guess it was always going to be a survival year, and I did totally call the whole "lol I'm going to break down in Hilary" thing last year so no surprises when it actually happened, but even the warm fuzzy glow of being right about stuff doesn't really counteract the fact I'd rather it just hadn't happened. Still, that is the past and I get further away from it every second, in theory.

Leaving the country will be a good thing. I miss being elsewhere.

Anyway, I am supposed to be talking about interesting things here instead of moaning about my emotional crap. Err. So yess, it is Thursday of 8th week and I am almost finished with Middle Eastern politics (:D) and Formal Logic (:S). Both have been good in their ways but my work ethic has been awful this term for one reason or another, so I haven't devoted as much time as I'd have liked, especially given that I'm now doing subjects I actually *want* to do rather than stuff that the syllabus is forcing on me. The play went well, rowing threatened to go out with a whimper and actually ended up going out with a... well, a sort of fizz, maybe. Not a bang as such... anyway, that's all done now. And maybe next year will see me ushering in a new golden age in Wadham drama, although that's, uh, doubtful.

I'm getting obsessed by double dactyl words and phrases again, mostly because a lot have suddenly sprung themselves on me at once. Metamathematical, computability, plenipotentiary, absolute monarchy, pre-revolutionary... primitive recursive is almost one, but "recursive" has the wrong emphasis. Still. Great phrase. I wish I wrote more...

And now I'm going to go away and play with colours and links and stuff and make this look presentable and maybe hide some of the old wank that's in here. Hmmm....


0 comments: