FORTH TO VICTORY

autobiographical ramblings of an impressionable youth

27 January 2010

Foodie 2 and essay dramz

Further to my last post, it appears that food is now taking over my life. I came home this afternoon knowing that I had a large quantity of chopped and nearly-rotten vegetables which needed cooking that very moment or else throwing away, and was thus cruelly forced to spend an hour of my life making a vegan-ish* Shepherd's Pie when all I really wanted to do was eat cold couscous and stress out over my essay... how is this even happening to me? It's like I've become some sort of... stereotypical woman, or something. I even realised that I was thinking of whether or not to go out tonight in terms of whether I would be finished cooking that evening. Fuck it.

At least the vegan-ish shepherd's pie is made now. And it looks pretty tasty. I emptied basically an entire thing of oregano into it, so it damn well better be tasty...

In other news, Descartes is killing me. Actually going to die of Descartes. I DON'T KNOOOW about this meditations shit and I need to write paragraphs with substance but I don't know what the substance is going to be so I just keep writing the first bit and then going on to the next one. And the final argument is just walking into a giant pitfall. Sigh. I want to go to the SSL and read all these International Law books like a real student, instead of just hanging around my bedroom all the time like a strange loser.

Now I have a blog, I can stop writing so many Facebook statuses. This is a start.


*Vegan-ish = it would be vegan if I'd got around to buying actual animal-free margarine yet. But I haven't.

0 comments: